Wednesday, February 22, 2012

LENT: To Give Up or Not to Give Up...is the question..answer?

Here comes 'LENT' most popular items to 'give up' on lent are , smoking, drinking avoid meats, clubbing some grow a beard... and what nots...Me! How should I do things differently to win my spot in Heaven...
Well lets see.. Should my lent Program be to 'SAVE' Myself or to realize that 'I' have been SAVED by his Sacrifice...

Lets get way back...in time **imagines some background music...I sometimes catch myself saying am so happy being a catholic what would I be if i was born in another household... would it different?...Well I don't know ...the only things I remember are catechism classes, learning prayers (By Heart)...wearing a white dress for the communion and yes... hilarious episode where i got an allergic reaction a day before my confirmation and I was to stand next to my then crush...looking like "Hitch- part II" ...lol!

but as I grew older... and was out of my so called 'Honeymoon' period of life... i realized what it means to have a religion... and the simple power of faith... not to anyone or anything... but that invisible thought that keeps you going...

We live in so much negativity that we we surround ourselves in darkness... this is when our expectations limit raise more than our giving limit... **Giving in realistic terms...

I wish sometimes what if we were connected via iChat or BBM to Jesus or this higher being who guarantee eternal life... (lets get to 'what is eternal life in a bit... please am on a roll :D)

and say...I know there is darkness around me and within me... and I keep making up my mind in a second and change it again in the next... the world is constantly changing... but somehow I always feel I am not in the same speed lane or maybe I am running in the opposite Direction...How can I change this..? do i record every act of generosity or every sacrifice? or every prayer i make before i go to sleep... how do i calculate what is my bit i need to do to get to that final resting place ... the promised to be the highest selling spot..ah! H.E.A.V.E.N

yes! yes! ...now you will day simple dahling...K... its a tough choice...not only between good and evil but choices about what is for the greater good..

so... am so sure I am going to see my FB wall and page filled with wallpapers with quotes from the bible, some very interesting thoughts... but hey..what to do with them... oh! that's nice... and forget about it the moment I close my page...?!?

Or do I get inspired by them..since to easy to be caught up in the day to day of my life...and make simple points to follow.. which as per me are not too cheesy...

so this time its not going to be me...giving up... drinking, eating meat, sacrificing (i don't even know what)...but... more in the lines of... let me be 'happy' for no reason...be my authentic self...accept my flaws ...practice wholeness in everything...be it work, friends,lovers,neighbors or even with a stranger...

I wish finally I could BBM HIM and say...Hey there Bro J, I know how much you love me... coz its difficult to take someone else s blame..and take a beating for it... and at the end of it say...they know not what they are doing but I love then anyways...Bro J... its hard for me to feel that love sometimes... but I know you do anyways... Let me not take that LOVE for granted like I do everything... my job, my friends,family..simple luxuries in life, happy moments and not so happy moments...Let me wake up every morning with a Smile and grateful heart... and thing how I can spread what blessing that I have received to another.. and when they say... K is so smiley and happy and when she walks into the room the room lights up! ... I smile within me and say.... bro J "I am Wearing the SMILE you GAVE me TODAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment